The Department of Instrumentation Technology provides multi-level training with high-tech software and high-performance automated CNC equipment, including flexible production systems for students and graduate students. We solve the tasks in the design of modern technological processes, the development of structures, devices and equipment, in life cycle management of products and the development of industrial cyberphysical systems.
There are two Bachelors programs:
- Digital engineering technologies
- Computer aided design systems
There are five Masters programs:
- Integrated systems in design and manufacturing
- Product Lifecycle Management
- Additive technologies
- Technological preparation of production of devices and systems
- Systems of automated design of technological preparation of production (joint program with the Kyrgyz State Technical University named after I.Razzakov)
The department includes laboratories equipped with modern equipment:
turning, milling, micromilling machining centers, injection molding machine, measuring and measuring machine, profilometer, contactless scanning system, 3D printers, equipment for surface mounting of printed circuit boards, equipment for creating prototypes of automated assembly lines, etc.
and software systems:
CAD/CAM/CAE/PDM systems, systems of visual and simulation modeling of business processes.
Scientific researches at the department is conducted in the following areas:
- Digital manufacturing creation, where methods of group technology are studied, adaptive approaches that provide on-line analysis and optimization of technological systems with the use of CNC equipment, automated control systems for technological processes and systems for automated design of products and technologies.
- Automation of precise optical instruments assembly, where problems of assembling products with high accuracy from components with accuracy below specified are solved. Methods of optimization and unification of solutions are being developed. Typical software systems for management and decision-making are being designed.
- Automation of technological preparation of enterprises based on information support of the life cycle of products. Approaches are being developed to create a system for automated design of technological processes based on the organization of a single information space and the application of cloud technologies.
- Additive technologies, which study the problems of developing molds and growing products from various materials. New types of platforms for additive equipment and control systems are being developed.
- Optimization of a microgeometry of part surfaces where investigations are carried out to evaluate and control the roughness of the treated surfaces with the help of graphic criteria, namely: the interrelations of the graphic criteria with the types and modes of surface treatment and the dependence of functional surfaces on their roughness with a view to improving the specific properties of surfaces from their roughness.
- Technologies of manufacturing products from polymeric materials, where the dependencies of product characteristics are investigated with the use of modern computer simulation systems from polymer processing regimes, requirements for forming surfaces of injection molds are determined and optimal machining modes are selected in the development of high-precision optical and electronic parts of devices.
- Industrial cyberphysical systems, where similar systems are developed using multi-agent technologies.
The department closely cooperates with universities from Germany and Belgium:
Technical University Ilmenau (TU Ilmenau):
- Design and manufacture of optical products and systems from polymeric materials.
- Development of technologies for creating products of polymer optical materials for applying in lens-, diffraction-, ophthalmic-, gradient- and micro-optics.
University of Applied Sciences Emden / Leer (Hochschule Emden / Leer):
- Design and development of industrial cyber-physical systems.
Liege University (Université de Liège):
- Engineering analysis and design optimization of products from polymeric materials.
Production and pre-diploma practice takes place at industrial enterprises and in engineering companies of St. Petersburg with subsequent employment of students already in the process of their education at senior courses: LOMO, Techpribor, Diakont, Avangard, NPI "GOI im. S.I. Vavilov, TsNII Elektropribor, NPP Radar MMS, Arsenal, Obukhov Plant, VNIIRA, Bee Pitron, Ascon and others.